Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Smile Artist Dental Clinic in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Smile Artist Dentistry in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Smile Artist Dentistry office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
We are faced with different obstacles every single day, but are some of these just the effects of ‘what ifs’ we make up in our own mind? Our team at Smile Artist Dentistry is eager to provide exce ...
With the new school year quickly approaching, the confidence boost that can come from a full set of white teeth is quickly growing on the minds of many. With white teeth, you can really look your best ...
When it comes to dental myths and crazy stories, root canals seem to take the cake. At Smile Artist Dentistry we hear different myths about root canal treatment all the time, today, however, we’re g ...
Are dental sealants the best way to prevent kids from getting cavities? Sealants are becoming more and more popular in recent years and the latest reports may back this suspicion. To begin with, what ...