Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Smile Artist Dental Clinic in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Smile Artist Dentistry in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Smile Artist Dentistry office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
The deep grooves in the chewing surfaces of our back teeth are perfect hiding spaces for destructive bacteria. The application of sealants is a same day procedure that provides long-lasting protection ...
A brilliant and contagious smile comes from great oral hygiene habits. If you don’t practice proper dental care, you leave yourself at risk for a host of medical problems including infection, gum di ...
Outdoor activities like extra-curricular sports are a fun way for kids to stay fit and healthy. Millions of children participate in some kind of sport. Many of these sports are very physical sports li ...
As we get older, many things change. Some are amazing changes that we embrace, and some are not so good. But as we age, it’s important to work side by side with professionals that can help us along ...