Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Smile Artist Dental Clinic in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Smile Artist Dentistry in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Smile Artist Dentistry office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
When people think of braces, the first thing that often comes to mind are old traditional metal braces. Luckily for certain dental patients, a mouth full of metal isn’t your only option anymore. Cle ...
If you are unhappy with the appearance of unsightly teeth, porcelain veneers may be the solution you need to improve your smile. If you have discolored, cracked or worn out teeth, dental veneers can c ...
More time outdoors in the warmer weather usually brings ample opportunities to flash that summer smile. However, are your teeth selfie-ready? Cosmetic Dentistry Wouldn’t you love a brighter smile w ...
Practicing good dental habits like brushing your teeth at least twice each day, flossing a minimum of one time per day, and keeping up with regular routine dentist visits will help maintain better ora ...