Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Smile Artist Dental Clinic in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Smile Artist Dentistry in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Smile Artist Dentistry office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
The American Dental Association recommends that you visit the dentist every six months, but is that really necessary? The truth is that your dentist provides many important services that are necessary ...
With Halloween fast approaching, dentists everywhere are warning kids to brush their teeth and eat candy in moderation. But is sugar really the culprit when it comes to causing cavities? Believe it or ...
We’ve all heard crazy stories about teeth, like George Washington and his “wooden dentures” or the story that a tooth will completely dissolve if left in Coca-Cola overnight. While the stories s ...
Do you suffer from missing or extremely damaged teeth? Wish there was an easy way to replace them? With dental implants from Smile Artist Dentistry, you can! Dental implants are artificial tooth roots ...