Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Smile Artist Dental Clinic in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Smile Artist Dentistry in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Smile Artist Dentistry office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
Are dental sealants the best way to prevent kids from getting cavities? Sealants are becoming more and more popular in recent years and the latest reports may back this suspicion. To begin with, what ...
Have you lost a tooth or had it extracted? Do you suffer from gum disease? Interested in dental implants but have been told you aren’t a candidate? Bone grafting may be the perfect option for you, y ...
If your dentist has recommended braces to straighten your teeth, you might be feeling a bit hesitant about it, thinking of wearing a mouth full of metal for years. However, this is not the only option ...
A straight smile is definitely an attractive feature to have, and you may think that this only consists of straight, healthy teeth. However, a straight gum line also has a significant role in the appe ...