Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Smile Artist Dental Clinic in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Smile Artist Dentistry in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Smile Artist Dentistry office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
When you have a specific health problem that requires targeted care, you want to go to the right professional. You need someone who thoroughly understands the condition and can provide the best soluti ...
While we all dream of the day we’re in love with our smile, we know this is no easy task, especially if we fall in the group of those that don’t even like to smile in photographs! You’re not alo ...
We would all like to think that we can take care of our oral health on our own, but is that really the case? Tell yourself honestly how many times you have flossed this week. Even if you floss and bru ...
Porcelain veneers are a great option for making cosmetic changes to a smile without having to undergo extensive treatments. Issues such as discoloration, worn or chipped teeth, uneven or misaligned te ...