Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Smile Artist Dental Clinic in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Smile Artist Dentistry in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Smile Artist Dentistry office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
Porcelain veneers are a great option for making cosmetic changes to a smile without having to undergo extensive treatments. Issues such as discoloration, worn or chipped teeth, uneven or misaligned te ...
Humans have a natural fear of the unknown. That’s why when it comes to even the simplest dental procedures, there arise numerous misconceptions that scare people away. That’s the way it is with po ...
Everyone dreams of having the perfect pearly white smile. You may, like most people, have already tried countless of at-home products to no avail. Smile Artist Dentistry is here to make your smile dre ...
You may have just been told you are a candidate for a sinus lift. You may also, now, have many questions. The aim of this informative article if to enlighten you in some of the most frequently asked q ...